Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service concerns saving and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server run by a web hosting vendor. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a peek at these. Doing so, you can elect what you want, depending on whether you wish to own a web portal, email address accounts, or to share files with pals and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by certain vendors, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts often include advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly erroneous explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would distribute the load between individual sets of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous webspace hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific companies provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting type is appropriate if you want to share a big quantity of pics with chums or partners since the solution is commonly free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to tackling your electronic mail accounts. Some distributors provide website hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you want to open an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and several hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your webspace hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to administer as many video clips as you desire without hassling about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to keep a site. To a certain degree, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload videos, etc. At 100WebSpace, for instance, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific content only.